Today we made things shiny! We have many, many items that are prepped for paint or varnish and we spent the day doing that.
We're planning to take our cover off this week in preparation for hauling out next week so we want to make sure that our hatches are covered and our windows are in just in case it rains. It's okay if things get wet below right now because there are no mattresses or anything in the cabins but we'd like to keep things as dry as possible.
I took the grinder to Daniel so the varnish will be a little nicer this year. The new thwart will go in as soon as we get some wood sealer on all the bare wood I made today. Bob finished working on refastening Tug 'n' Grunt so I started stripping some of the varnish to brighten things up. Gregory started sanding Rebecca.
I, hopefully, took care of a few cabin leaks today that I've been chasing for a while. I plan to test them when we get the cover off and do a deck wash.
Bob started work on our electrical system. I found a very corroded wire last week and he's going to go through the entire system, clean connections, replace corroded components, check wires, etc.
Not a bad day!